Aug 11, 2010

From The Mad Dungeon of Tom K...


Paul,

A few months ago I tested an idea with regard to traction. I noticed my nylon wetsuit slipped around to much for my liking while matting.

So here is my fix for that problem...

I bought a tube of glue at the hardware store called "The Amazing Goop" or "Shoe Goo" (either will work ) and applied small dots of the glue to the belly and thigh section of my suit. After drying for a day I used the suit and it worked awesome. After two months test the suit is still good and so is the traction.

Happy Trails,

Tom

2 comments:

Paul Gross said...

Back in the early 70's I had a wetsuit made entirely of the old "sharkskin" neoprene...which had a textured outer finish. Best mat riding wetsuit ever!

Geoffrey Levens said...

This triggered another, related idea. Bottoms of many flippers are wicked slippery when rock hopping in/out of the surf. A few, thinnish lines across the bottom heel area of the flippers might be very simple, effective traction addition.