Mar 20, 2012

Mister Dirk Scores!





Sandspit 3/18/12

There was a light dusting of snow on the mountains behind Santa Barbara
this morning. My wife and I took a walk out on the pier at about 8:30 in
bitter cold offshore winds, only to notice that the waves were pretty good
over at the sandbar. We talked with photog Brandan Aroyan for a few
minutes while he shot pictures, and then we bolted over there to get some
for ourselves. There were tons of waves, superfast racetracks, probably
the best it's been this year. Maria shot a few images with her cell phone
to give a sense of how much fun it was.

-Dirk

4 comments:

KP's Round UP said...

Hey Paul , I was out with Shane fueling up his Radon and we went out and checked Sandbar that day and watched Dirk slide afew , I wish I had my camara, Mr. Dirk is a 4th gear Mat Master.

Anonymous said...

You are a brave man. Once I saw the creeks were running black/brown, I didnt even consider grabbing my mat.

Looks like you scored though!

misterdirk said...

@ KP - It was a gorgeous day, wasn't it? Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot coming from you! : )

@ Anon - I literally did not think about it until it was too late. Got lucky this time, no ill effects so far.

b said...

Definitely one of the funnest places to mat when small. Was up there for my birthday and scored it with only a couple groms out. Soo fun, caught some all the way down the spit.