Jun 14, 2013

Heads Up To A Greenough Link...hashtag, #wecantgetenoughgreenogharoundheresodealwithitarsehole



Special thanks to Nate K for the link to a nice historical piece on the Greenough family of Montecito, California.

The article is here...

Nate spotted the link on My Paipos Forum...

Also, I came across this page a while back. It's an article about the yacht owned by the Greenough's during George's childhood, the Marmetta. "Marmetta" is the name of the surf spot out at the Santa Barbara Channel Islands, which is often (wrongly) called "Mar Meadow." Obviously, the spot got it's name because George spent so much time anchored there in that vessel.

2 comments:

misterdirk said...

Great article! I never knew how to spell Marmetta. I ran around those same Montecito neighborhoods in my youth, although I'm more than a decade younger than GG. I can attest that Camp Lorr, under the loving stewardship of the Sheltons, is just as funky and charming today as it ever was.

Jason A Gonzalez said...

That is a great article - thanks for sharing with the surf mat community! Long live SB!