Nov 2, 2016

From Rob ...


Paul,

I can’t tell you how much joy these mats have brought me, its hard to put into words. Since the storm season started I have been blessed with some clean 2-4ft waves and both mats have been amazing! I now skip beer at parties because Dawn Patrol waits for no man. These mats have changed me for the better and I can’t help but want to share that with other people. Chris and I have been catching some really fun party waves and I hope to get you some video soon. Keep spreading the Stoke Paul, your work has changed my life!

On another note, I was wondering if you ever organize any mat meets. I would love to meet more mat surfers, and I would definitely travel if I had enough time to plan the trip. I am thinking about starting a meet up group in Jax FL to expose people to mat surfing. I feel like there are people out there that have never experience the joy of wave riding, and mats are a way to bring this to them without the intimidation of a hard surf craft tethered to their body. I wouldn’t charge anything for it, the joy that I would get filling those people with Stoke would be more than enough. There are thousands of Veterans out there who deal with some of the same issues I was dealing with, and I if I can help just one of them the way your mats have helped me, it will be worth it. The idea is still in its infancy but you will be the first to know when I need some more mats ;-)!

Super Stoked,
Rob P

5 comments:

tuskedbeast said...

Good for you Rob!

Unknown said...

Legend. "Joy" so well sums up the experience.

Matt said...

Hey Rob, not exactly a big mat meet up but I would be interested in trying to hook up. My availability is pretty specific, as I will be flying into Orlando on Monday Nov 14 in the afternoon. Right now I think I am free on Tuesday the 15th, and I am working and leaving on Wednesday. Looks like Jacksonville is a couple hours away, not sure if you are free at all on Tuesday and would want to meet somewhere in the middle. I have never surfed the area, looking for a recommendation.

thanks, Matt.

Rob Pollard said...

Matt, I would be totally stoked to meet up, but I'm working on some really big tile projects right now and can't step away for a day to travel. I can't recommend a break other than the one I surf currently here in Jacksonville because its the only place Ive surfed so far. Ive only been Mat surfing since July but it's become a very healthy addiction. Flying into Orlando you will be closest to Cocoa Beach and they are supposed to have some of the most consistent waves is Florida. Cocoa Beach is on my list to surf here for sure! If you decide you want to travel a little farther and can make it to Jacksonville let me know and we can meet you for an early morning session on Tuesday before I go to work. rpollardjr@gmail.com

Matt said...

thanks for the tip on cocoa beach. Unfortunately my travel plans have changed and I won't have the freedom to surf on this trip out.