Mar 14, 2014

Bretto In Bali ...





Hi Paul,

Having a great time here. Surfed everyday at least once sometimes twice. The first couple of days was huge at the main break. Warmed up by surfing a sheltered left you may have seen on the surf report, then moving down to what I call the death peak. Almost drowned one day the waves had 10 - 12 foot backs, couldn't tell you face height as I didn't make it down the face!

Half an hour swim to retrieve the L7, meanwhile diving under thumping sets, glad I did a lot of body surfing before I came over. If you got caught, it was impossible to hang on to the mat so I did a fair bit of swimming. The last few days however have been just perfect with half a mile rides. After a dozen waves you've paddled for miles!

Off to the outer islands tomorrow to find some good mat waves.

Selamat tinggal. 

4 comments:

pranaglider said...

EPIC mat wave!

Bagofwind said...

Let me know next time you head to Bali. A Southeast Asia mat meet could be a laugh!

- Neil in Singapore

Anonymous said...

I will be in bali on tuesday.
Bretto

Bagofwind said...

Just missed you. I was there over the weekend. Hopefully the swell picks back up for you.
- Neil