Jan 11, 2014

From Tim ...



Early in the morning, the last day of the year 2013, waist to shoulder high waves were rolling in at the beach Fontanilla in Conil de la Frontera. I took my surfmat and went out. Sliding these waves alone for more than one hour was pure pleasure.
 
Watch the video and get a glimpse of what it is like to ride a surfmat. Enjoy!
 
Music:
Bloom – by Ryan Taubert
Licensed from themusicbed.com
Camera: Christina Nüske and Tim Ciasto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Paul,

I just wanted to wish you a good, healthy and happy year 2014!My wife an I spend the holidays
 in southern Spain to refuel and enjoy the light and the warmth there. The waves were great and I had plenty of opportunities to surf. On most occasions I used my Omni.  What a great mat! Thanks for making one for me.

One evening I got some amazing rides at Cape Trafalgar. The light was absolutely beautiful and waves with 6-10 foot faces were rolling in. It's gently breaking righthand point-break which is perfect for long-boarding. I took one of the bigger set waves and I just went crazy fast along a steadily building wall of water. My best mat riding wave so far :-)  Unfortunately there's no photographic or video evidence.

However, the last day of 2013 I was able to score again, and this time I have something to show.
Enjoy!

Tim

PS: I have a new year's resolution which is: Meeting other mat riders. In Sweden where I live I seem to be the only one and so far I have never physically met other people who share the same passion.

Also, it is kind of boring to only have one mat rider to film ;-)

No comments: