Aug 4, 2015

Late Breaking Feedback ...

 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi Paul
 
hope you are going well. 
 
I literally bumped into a guy at the beach yesterday - both of us carrying home made wooden craft. Somehow we got chatting about mats and he said he knew you personally from a long time back - think he said is name was Damo..?
 
Have been out of the water mostly for 12 months will illness, but getting back out there now, enjoying some of the unusually warm ocean currents we have at the moment on Oz east coast. It was funny that getting back on the mat was like getting back on a bike. Although my leg muscles didn't think so!
 
All the best.
 
Steve Penny
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi Paul,
 
My Standard is going great!!! Have had it out on the reefs in well overhead barrelling waves and it's a total blast :)
 
I was wondering If can order the Lotus and the Omni? Not sure how I go about ordering the Lotus but If you could let me know If that's OK and how I go about placing the order, that would be great. Very keen to expand my mat quiver, can't believe how keen I am to get in the water since I received the Standard, mat obsession has taken hold!!!
 
Cheers, Dan.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Paul,
 
I want to say thank you for the quick delivery of the flyers.  Rest assured that Fourth Gear will be well represented in Dewey Beach Delaware this summer.

Peter
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hello, Paul,

Apologies for the long delay in providing an update on the matts I ordered - a Tracker Roundtail and a Fatty.

I go tthe Tracker for myself, and the Fatty for a friend who needed a re-charge for his stoke. He is happily matting along - even taking it on a trip to Hawaii - and I'm stoked for him.

I don't have any pictures, but I can say that the Tracker is a nifty little bit of fun. I find this to be a lot more maneuvarable than the model I started out with. I'm afraid I can't quite identify what my original matt is. I bought it third-hand, and all identifying labeling has been worn off. It is at least four years old and I am fairly certain it was purchased from you by a guy here in Santa Cruz. (Possibly Steiny?). I believe it is a Fatty, but I can't be sure.

The only drawback - from my wife's point of view - is that I get a bit over-confident and attempt to make every last section, even when there is a risk of foundering on mussle-covered rocks. So: The matt is fine, but I've shredded a wetsuit...  But I'm fine and having fun! and that's what matters.

 -- Zach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Paul. Been gettin out at OB & Bolinas . Finally getting feel for inflation and position. Getting 3 or 4 rides to 1 surfboard ride. The mat is very forgiving and reassuring. Only lost it once.in a free fall.:)
 
John
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Paul,
 
I received my mat today. I am getting excite. I am going out of town for a little while but want to hurry home to give it a try,
 
Thanks
 
Bill
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Thank you again for all your help and for your wonderful products!  Jay got his Vespa last week and LOVES IT! 
 
Julie
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Paul,

Used the mat for first time today.  Had a blast and am looking forward to
more fun with it.

Thanks!

Chuck
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi Paul,

Big Mahalo! Can't wait to try em out! :)

Thanks,
Robert
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Paul

Got the mat Monday and a nice 3-4 ft swell arrived Tuesday so got some nice rides on it right away.

Really impressed with the quality and the way it rides.

Looking forward to learning how to ride it better so I appreciate the info you sent.

No points in these parts but when the conditions are right we do get some fast walls and the extra speed will come in handy.

Thanks  Very Much,

Paul Lorello
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Paul,
 
 Mat arrived on Friday. It's 40 ounces lighter than what I've been using which is better than I'd hoped. Looking forward to many trips with it. Beautifully made.Thanks.

Art Christiansen
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Hey Paul,
 
This Joe, used my mat 1st time today and had a blast. It was a learning experience but never a dull  moment. Got some good waves and really enjoyed it. Getting to the outside, I was using lifeguard rescue techniques with the mat as my 'victim' and instead going toward the shore, I was going out.
 
Started with a 90% bend and let out more air until it fell really comfortable.
Used DaFin kicks but I think, I will try the regular DaFin or Duck Feet. I felt not enough thrust with the kicks.
 
The rides were just pure fun, really enjoyed it. My wife was a little shy still but I will get her on it.
 
Thank you again,
 
Best regards
Joe
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Dear Paul

           just returned from New Zealand after 5 weeks of tramping around. Just my lovely wife, couple of mats and pair of udt's. pure heaven!!!! What a joy not lugging around a bloody surfboard. Only bad thing to happen was a lost wetsuit from airlines so was a bit cold most times due to ragtag wetsuit but minor detail.caught some very good cold waves down around bottom of south island. Cold and a wee spooky but again who's complaining.

   Sorry to read about your Mother. She sounded like quite a loving spirit. my Mother passed about 4 years ago, I miss her but the memories make us all smile. I'm sure your warm memories of your Mother will do the same.

    Wonderful trip made more memorable with a 4g flyer

Aloha
Dan
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi Paul,
 
many thanks for my new standard, which arrived safe and sound today. Can't wait to get her wet. 13 breaths to fill compared to 17 for the tracker.

Kind regards and best wishes
 
Dave Mc🌻
 
---------------------------------------------------------------

 
---------------------------------------------------------
 


Hi Paul,

Got the riders guide - many thanks. I'm just debating the £££ to smile ratio of my surfmats - not much else even comes close!

Kind regards & best wishes,

Dave Mc
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi Paul,

thank you very much. Just saw that the mat has already arrived. Can't wait to get in the water.

Cheers

Laurent
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks Paul,

I appreciate the prompt service, I'm sure it will be great.

Cheers

Peter
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi Paul,

I've been waiting for good conditions to try out my new standard, and last week we had hollow overhead waves. She's great, exactly the same as the tracker rt except perhaps a bit more intuitive. I seem to have to do, and think,  even less and she flies. Also, the reduced buoyancy makes her easier to handle in larger surf. Very happy with this new mat.

Swell has now dropped so I'm back on the tracker.

Many thanks and well done for design, build quality, service etc.

Kind regards,
Dave Mc
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Good Morning,

What a fantastic Rider's Guide & so very thorough in regards to all the information & all possible questions answered !

Thanks Paul... Can't wait until Wednesday to receive the new ride...😎

Might have to head up to SB to visit friends & play in the water !!!


LTC
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 

Aloha Paul and Gloria,

I can't wait to see her face when she gets it. She's still less than 30lbs now, and just short of 3', but she'll be bigger in 6-12 months and already all about the water.
 
We have swim lessons on the weekend so I'll start her of in the pool first and then take her down to Ala Moana or Waikiki areas. I figure I'm going to push her into the ways anyway. I'll make sure I get my camera ready.

Ryan

------------------------------------------------------------------
 

 
Mahalo Paul,
 
got it, can't wait to try it in some decent surf on Kauai
 
thanks,
 
Lono.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hey Paul,
 
Went down to Mitch's & they just received a fresh shipment 10 min. before I arrived. They didn't have a UDT, but I pulled the XL out of the box & think it'll be plenty of mat for me, so I purchased that one.
 
Thanks again for your help, can't wait to try it out....
Joe
 
------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Paul,

Thanks for your advice on selecting the UDT Surfmat.  My family and I will look forward to using it on the Jersey shore. 

Thanks In Advance,

Peter Wrobleski
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
i bought one today at mitch’s in solana beach and can’t wait to try it out along with my grandkids, i’m wondering if i will ever get a turn

thanks

bill dinnie
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hello Paul,
It arrived yesterday. Great. 
 
Nice personal touch added to the model info.
 
Will let you know when I used it a couple of times.
 
Greetings
 
Thijs
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
hi paul!

the mat arrive today to my house.the order been stoped in madrid by customs for  a month. fucking spanish customs bandidos.

 i gonna try and wet the mat right now.

 cheers.
javier
spain
 
------------------------------------------------------------

 
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi Paul,

Have not been on a mat for over 20 tears so will study the riders guide in detail.

Thanks again for rushing my order

Cheers
 
Pepe Landa
 
----------------------------------------------------

Hi Paul,

I took my new mat out for the first time today! (After reading the instruction manual fully...glad I did)!  It was challenging and while I did not catch a wave I was able to paddle out a couple of different times! I watched Mary ride a few and I had a new eye for it! My fin came off once but good thing I had the straps! I was not prepared for the arm rash from paddling as I usually surf sleeveless so now I will wear a rash guard!  I plan to paddle out tomorrow and give it another go!

Thanks again...

Adele
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi Paul,
 
   Yes, I got it! And I already tested it out. So far, so good. I think this mat and I are going to have good times together.
 
   Thanks again,
    Dina
 
---------------------------------------------------------

 
------------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks Paul,

Picked up an XL from Mitch's a few days ago for myself, and looking
forward to using the UDT to ride tandem with my son. Newbie to
all of this, but looking forward to the learning curve.

Thanks again,

Michael
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
Hello Paul.
 
Got some great little waves on the Xl this afternoon after work. Really happy with it. Thanks again. Bill.
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Can't wait to try it....I'll have to fight the kids for it
 
Jeff
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
It arrived! So fast. Thank you. Going to test it out next weekend.
 
Nica
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 

 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 

The kids in my neighborhood got a kick out of the inflated mat. Most have never seen a mat. All they know is boogy boards. 
 
Best Regards,
 
Mike age 68!!!
 
--------------------------------
 
PG- I hope all is well for you and Gloria. Things are going well here. 
 
 I have been surfing when I can mostly the slot and inside curl when it breaks. Summer on the westside!. Still riding the older omni- it just works better and better as it wears. Been riding much lower inflations and liking that a lot.
 
Well, I hope it hasn't been unbearably hot and you are getting to the beach regularly. Just wanted to check in, say hi and thanks for the 4th Gear Flyers. The mats make me really happy.
Best,
Steiny
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Dear Paul,and Gloria, 
 
 I thought of you two when I was Freediving today.  As wordsmiths I hope this helps you.  I have been diving again to help with fear and the multiple levels of perception filtered by our experiences.  I dive alone, so the only noises are from God filtered by my fear.  I am beginning to see that time is not consistent like White Bread without crusts, it is more like a Croissant. Layers of flavors that curl back upon themselves.  I hope this new model will aid you in your lovely projects. 
 
Guerdon.
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks Paul 
 
I got turned in to your mats today by my bro Jeff in humboldt. 
 
So fun!!!
Shems Heartwell
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks again. Got it today. Camping this weekend, Kauai at the end of the month hope to give it some good use. Looking forward to getting it wet. Take care. You are in a great part of the state, such a beautiful place.
 
Laurence
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 


 
 ------------------------------------------------------------
 

No comments: