Jul 23, 2021

From ACE

 


Hey Paul been just checking in. 
 
There was a paddle out in Ocean Beach San Diego this morning for Jim "Mouse" Robb. A true legend in surfing. I am in Hawaii visiting my daughter and was not able to attend... So we did our own thing...

 My daughter is teaching school in Waikiki and I am here on a visit. First time here in over 60 years surfing. It has been an "interesting" surf adventure..Been riding a to small 9'er. The airline would not let me take my 10'2" weird twin fin that would have been perfect for waist high Waikiki. So had a plan B and the mat the guys got me after the fire..Only problem, besides the insane crowds, is the good waves are WAY out there. Best wave of the trip.

The universe is strange..Mara and I went out at a pretty schetchy coral reef claws break this morning.. Said a couple words to Mouse paddling out..I took my mat out for it's maiden voyage in Hawaii. Couple local guys noticed my "floatation device" after I caught a couple off the side ones. told them I was trying to catch a good one for my friend Mouse. Told them his story. I had to wait a pretty long time to get a good one but I was gonna do it. I said come on Mouse send me one...A frikkin bomb starts heading my way. I was outside of everyone turned and went.. Nothing but hoots from the guys inside...Best wave of the whole trip... Good thing about being old is sometimes it just takes one good one!

Aloha Mouse...THANKS Paul for all the stoke that riding a mat adds to the surfing experience.

 

ACE

.

 

No comments: