Jul 29, 2021

From Tom

 

Hi Paul,

I joined a Facebook group “Surfers 70 and over”, and the vibe is, understandably, “decline”! 

Can’t pop up, so 10’ longboards and SUPs are the answers. Well, obviously I don’t feel that way, so as a public service I’ve been, from time to time, proposing the surf mat as an alternative. Maybe you will see an uptick in your website traffic, because this post finally got some reactions.

I don’t want to oversell the mat, and I talk about the learning curve. Really, I’m just so grateful for my late in life years of surfing on your mats (the best years, too) that I feel that I have to say something to these people!

 

TT

3 comments:

Tom Threinen said...

There is also an overwhelming expression of gratitude in the posts that we are still riding waves!

tuskedbeast said...

Love this, Tom!

Bob Liepman said...

I also "drop in" to Surfers 70 and Over since I am qualified. In response to the complaints about standing, I too have shared the virtues of mat riding. I have been riding Paul's mats for over a decade and have turned on a few friends along the way. ps Nice south this week in SLO county and clear fall mornings finally. - Bob aka Mat Man