Oct 1, 2023

From George S

 

                                                    Bretto on an early Lotus proto back in 2013

 

I tried my new Lotus today in 5ft+ surf and had zero issues adapting. I felt it has more maneuverability / hold / speed for me over the Standard.

I'm kind of long and skinny so the Lotus fits me better. I like having more room to paddle. I feel more planted over the mat through the torso with better feedback from the pontoons interacting with the water = hold. I had no issue with the reduced volume since I had it inflated to just under 90 degrees. Less air = less work to get out the back, and at ~145lbs (including fins and wetsuit) I could ride the 2ft mush all the way to the beach when I wanted to

Perhaps a blessing in disguise that I lost my first mat. I'm excited for more winter swell. I've grown more comfortable in bigger waves so I feel ready. It's just so fun getting LAUNCHED down the line: "3rd gear" I suppose

Cheers,
George
 

 

No comments: