Jan 9, 2024

From Richard

 



Hi Paul,  I hope this note finds you well. 

Here’s a few pics from last fall at my home break in Beach Haven.  I’m still riding one of the two standards in my quiver as my go to surf craft. 

It was a surprise to see another matter from my area writing in about fins, especially since he’s on Bob Evans’ force fins.  I went to them a few years ago after tearing both my Achilles tendons over a period of two years.  I’m hoping to have a look at the yuccas.  The FFs just don’t do it for me when it comes to using them as a rudder. 

If you don’t mind passing my email on to Dave from Philly, I’d be interested in talking to another local mat rider.  I live in suburban Philadelphia

Rich

PS.  My son moved to Santa Barbara from Oxnard recently.  He mostly surfs Oxnard still but next time I’m out there I hope to find a good mat spot near his house as I’m usually on bicycle when I’m there.

1 comment:

Matt said...

You can point Rich my way if he's interested in mat surfing with someone in SB. Depending on where he lives and how far he wants to ride there are a reasonable number of options. Guessing you have access to my email from this site, if not it's in your 4thgear yahoo account

Cheers, Matt