Dec 18, 2009

An Endless Wave



Last month I completed a 3 week adventure on the Colorado River, from Marble Canyon to Lake Mead. Prior to the trip my boat-mate told me about a standing wave him and some friends were riding with kayaks and sleeping pads and said I should definitely bring my mat. So I did. And here is some footage to prove it.

River water dynamics are a world unto themselves. The feeling of being sucked through the pour over & bashed about by the frothing, churning whitewater is unique to say the least. Like nothing I've ever experienced!

6 comments:

PG said...

Fatastic footage, Sean...looks like a blast! Thanks for posting it. :)

Mateo said...

RAD!

Tom Threinen said...

You can really see the mat accelerate with its minimal flat wake. Cool.

Surfsister said...

Ha ha!! It's like a treadmill for matters!

misterdirk said...

My goodness that looks fun! I've got to try it some day. That seems like a situation where you could really test out a quiver, and get familiar with some of the subtleties of the various mats, since the river provides such a steady waveform.

GRAYMAN said...

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!

Hold on to your mat though!

G